Written by: Lauren Wolfe -
The Coop is pleased to publish our first post in a ten-post series inspired by this Nature article on how to transition a lab to better facilitate open science! For more information on the motivation behind this series please see the series introduction post.
Meeting 1: Beginning the conversation
- What does a team workflow using open data science look like?
- What does the transition to this system look like?
Goals to keep in mind:
- Transition into open data science incrementally.
- Involve peer-to-peer learning and online communities in your plan.
- How do we approach reproducibility, collaboration, and communication?
Related work at the Hutch:
Changing the way you do things is intimidating! Luckily Fred Hutch has resources to help!
- See this page from the Fred Hutchinson Biomedical Data Science Wiki for resources on training, community groups, and how to ask for help.
- Check out open source projects happening now at Fred Hutch!
- How do we store and share our data, methods and code?